WELCOME TO THE WALNUT AVENUE SCHOOL HEALTH OFFICE
School Nurse: Susan Stein
Maintaining a safe and healthy learning environment is our mission. Following are a few reminders for parents to assist us in keeping all of our children healthy and happy at school:
Developing good attendance habits is essential for success at school. Whenever children are unable to come to school, please contact the school absence line. Leave your child’s name, grade, teacher and reason for absence.
Please remind children to:
* Wash their hands frequently
* Wear the proper masks
* Maintain a distance of six (6) feet from others
If you plan to travel out of state, please consult the New Jersey State Government Travel Advisory
Please review these CDC guidelines for Selecting, Cleaning and Wearing Your Mask
Coping with stress during the COVID-19 outbreak will help make you, your loved ones and your community stronger. Learn more about how to cope from the CDC.
Returning to School Following an Absence:
- Your child must be fever free for 24 hours without the use of medication before he/ she can return to school
- Your child must be free of vomiting/ diarrhea for 24 hours before returning to school
- Unexplained Rashes: If your child has a rash, we will need a doctor’s note stating that the condition is non-contagious before returning to school
State Law Requirement: Children 59 months and younger are REQUIRED to receive the influenza vaccine between September 1 and December 31 of each year. Noncompliance will result in exclusion from school.
Dress and Accessories to be mindful of:
Students are not allowed to wear jewelry (ear-rings, necklaces, etc.) during gym classes. Students wearing jewelry will not be allowed to participate.
Please do not send your child to school in flip flops. These can pose safety issues at recess.
Coats, Hats, Gloves:
We send children outdoors for recess whenever possible. Please be sure our child is dressed appropriately for the weather.